The Highbury Inn

The Highbury Inn

Tomas Rosicky Going Back To Borussia Dortmund?

There is only one team in London

Tomas Rosicky Going Back To Borussia Dortmund?

Postby The GFP » March 24th, 2013, 6:29 am

With Tomas getting less and less starting opportunities at Arsenal of late mainly due to the fact that there are only 3 CM slots available which are taken up by Arteta as a DM (even though he is not a DM), Wilshere in the more advanced CM role and then usually Ramsey or Diaby in the other CM role so Tomas has only played 3 Premier League games this season ll three coming on as a sub.

For me Tomas would start every game for me as Diaby is injured every other week and Ramsey is still learning his trade. When Tomas has played he has not been fully match fit yet still manages to have a good game with superb long ranging passes, through balls and still able to tackle at the grand old age of 32.

Arsenal signed Tomas from Borussia Dortmund in May 2006 for a seemingly bargain price of £6.8m, i say bargain as 5 years earlier he was a prodigy signing (he was only 20) for Dortmund in an £18.0m move from Sparta Prague in his homeland of the Czech Republic and back in 2001 an £18.0m move was a massive amount of money to pay for a 20 year old.

Tomas had a good first season and a superb second season with 6 goals in 18 game in the Premier League until his strange injury which kept him out of the first team for January 2008 to September 2009. When he came back to the first team his pace was off, he was ring rusty and has never been the same pacey player he was almost two years before, so his run in the first team has been limited starting only 41 times since his injury out of a possible 143 league games.

It will be a shame if he goes but he will probably be offered a pay as you play deal back in Germany where he will probably sit in centre midfield and spray balls all over the pitch week in and week out.

The GFP
Site Admin

Return to Arsenal