The Highbury Inn

The Highbury Inn

Potential squad for 2013/14 season

There is only one team in London

Potential squad for 2013/14 season

Postby samueltaylor6 » July 13th, 2013, 1:18 am

Just joined the site so thought I'd contribute (after being the honorary 200th member) and try to freshen things up a bit. Going to start by seeing if I can spark some sort of chat/debate and just get various people's viewpoints and ideas for a *realistic* squad for the 2013/14 season by asking a few questions.

As of today, in the very early hours of July 13th, 2013:

A) What are the signings you would like to see brought in? Let's just say, for argument's sake, we were to have a transfer budget of £70mil for all players brought in from this point onward, up until the close of the window in September.

B) Are there any youngsters you would like to see given a chance in the first team, be it the 'Capital One Cup', FA Cup, or just a general run in the side... maybe used a bench/impact/squad player, possibly picking up game-time by coming on in the 75th minute of a comfortable 3-1, 7.45pm, midweek, at home to Hull (Dec 3rd, for those asking)?

C) Any other thoughts regarding squad selection and playing staff. Players to go out on loan? If so, where and why? Players to be used in different positions? E.g. the idea of Vermaelen playing a DM role? Or a possible left side of Nacho at LB and Gibbo playing in front of him? Anything.

Anyway, first time doing this so go easy on me, and eachother for that matter, we're all AFC lest we forget.
10% Physical, 90% Mental @samueltaylor6
samueltaylor6

Re: Potential squad for 2013/14 season

Postby Hassassin » July 13th, 2013, 4:04 pm

A) What are the signings you would like to see brought in? Let's just say, for argument's sake, we were to have a transfer budget of £70mil for all players brought in from this point onward, up until the close of the window in September.

Suarez, Higuain, Fellaini. Unpopular I know, but world class players can always win you over with their brilliance.

Fellaini Wilshere | Walcott Cazorla Suarez | Higuain

B) Are there any youngsters you would like to see given a chance in the first team, be it the 'Capital One Cup', FA Cup, or just a general run in the side... maybe used a bench/impact/squad player, possibly picking up game-time by coming on in the 75th minute of a comfortable 3-1, 7.45pm, midweek, at home to Hull (Dec 3rd, for those asking)?

Chuks Aneke, if he isn't out on loan again.

C) Any other thoughts regarding squad selection and playing staff. Players to go out on loan? If so, where and why? Players to be used in different positions? E.g. the idea of Vermaelen playing a DM role? Or a possible left side of Nacho at LB and Gibbo playing in front of him? Anything.

I really like the idea of Vermaelen at DM. He'd fit perfectly.
Hassassin

Postby The GFP » July 14th, 2013, 8:59 pm

samueltaylor6 wrote:A) What are the signings you would like to see brought in? Let's just say, for argument's sake, we were to have a transfer budget of £70mil for all players brought in from this point onward, up until the close of the window in September.

1 - Fellaini (£25m)
2 - Suarez (£30m)
3 - Cesar (£5m)
4 - Williams (£10m)

samueltaylor6 wrote:B) Are there any youngsters you would like to see given a chance in the first team, be it the 'Capital One Cup', FA Cup, or just a general run in the side... maybe used a bench/impact/squad player, possibly picking up game-time by coming on in the 75th minute of a comfortable 3-1, 7.45pm, midweek, at home to Hull (Dec 3rd, for those asking)?

yes, The Ox ffs, he needs to start many many more games and not just come on as a sub with 10 mins to go all the time

also Serge Gnabry & Thomas Eisfeld

samueltaylor6 wrote:C) Any other thoughts regarding squad selection and playing staff. Players to go out on loan? If so, where and why? Players to be used in different positions? E.g. the idea of Vermaelen playing a DM role? Or a possible left side of Nacho at LB and Gibbo playing in front of him? Anything.

Vermaelen as a DM if we dont get Felaini but he wont score the goals Felaini will
Gibbs to get a long run at LM/LW as thats where he used to play at Wimbledon & youth/reserve levels
The Ox & Santi in behind a main striker
The GFP
Site Admin

Postby JackNev13 » July 15th, 2013, 1:58 pm

Suarez around the 35 mill would be great , fabregas for 25 , if not possible then Fellaini , we need a new cb for cover so one for around the 10 mill say Williams , I know that's the 70 mill spent but people are saying that arsenal could comfortabley spent 100 so I think they should go for a keeper around the price and experience of Caesar to guide szcecseny , and I would love to see higuain brought in too although it is prity much impossible that we will bring in two top quality strikers but you never know,

From youth I would promote gnabry, eisfeld and Ryo, I think akpom is still too young but is one to watch and I would give him and zelalem who I was really impressed with yesterday a game maybe early on in the carling cup.

Here's to hoping The Arsenal bring in a few of those names, or else me and my axe may not be able to help ourselves and go on another rampage
JackNev13

Postby JackNev13 » July 15th, 2013, 2:06 pm

I also think that most of our buys must beade from withing the premier leage as so there is no adaption period needed and all our players are 100% ready to go from their first game as to quickly capitalise on the big changes made at the other clubs , if The Arsenal can do that and get an early kick start we would be in for a great chance of the title as we always finish strong and I often wonder where'd we be if we could start strongly too ! Fabregas would be prem ready as he played there for so long , I don't think higuain would have massive problems adapting to the English games because he is strong and experienced at a top club with many international games and CL appearances which would help has he's played against a mix of teams.
JackNev13

Postby Arsenal '77 » July 23rd, 2013, 7:37 pm

First of all I'd like to see Fellaini and Cesar to help with the defense. Then of course, Cesc and Higuain.
I know 70 doesn't cover it, but it'd be perfect to get players like Suarez and Hummels.

I wouldn't of course mind Capoue, Bernard (if we sell Gervinho), and Williams.

Although I'm trying hard to be patient and optimistic, as things stand, I'd be happy with only two good signings (knowing how Arsenal operate in transfer windows).

I would certainly be very happy if we could finally get rid of the deadwood we still have - Bendtner, Chamakh and Park.

Cheers
Arsenal '77

Postby The GFP » July 23rd, 2013, 7:41 pm

the clearout so far has been nothing short of amazing, cutting 2 players who were still contracted to the club is something i thought id never see
The GFP
Site Admin

Postby Arsenal '77 » July 23rd, 2013, 7:48 pm

Fully agreed. However, given that the three I named don't ever play a game, be it in the Capital or FA Cup, I would expect they are also released if they can't be sold. Oh yes, Chamakh did play one against reading I believe :-)

The GFP wrote:the clearout so far has been nothing short of amazing, cutting 2 players who were still contracted to the club is something i thought id never see
Arsenal '77

Postby The GFP » July 23rd, 2013, 8:03 pm

Chamakh did and in the podcast i gave him goal of the season award for the 7th goal where he lobbed the goalie
The GFP
Site Admin

Postby DomTW14 » July 28th, 2013, 12:00 am

samueltaylor6 wrote:

Suarez £40m, Fellaini £25m, Cesar £2m and i'll be over the moon.

I'd love Cesc back, but I feel as if we need a big, physical, box-to-box defensive midfielder like Fellaini more. Reasonably young and scores plenty of goals.
DomTW14

Postby samueltaylor6 » August 20th, 2013, 11:29 am

Haha sorry about this guys, looking incredibly deluded now
10% Physical, 90% Mental @samueltaylor6
samueltaylor6

Return to Arsenal