The Highbury Inn

The Highbury Inn

Hill-Wood is ok

There is only one team in London

Hill-Wood is ok

Postby pwned » September 9th, 2012, 12:13 pm

Hill-Wood told the Evening Standard: "Arsene has money to spend but there's a limit. We can't spend £50million on one player.

"Luckily, Arsene understands that. He got an economics degree from Strasbourg University so he's certainly no fool. He knows how a club should be run. That annoys a lot of people but clubs have to be sustainable. We're not going to go bankrupt in the way one or two other well-known clubs have.

Hill-Wood said: "What those fans shouted did not influence me one little bit. I was disgusted to hear them because Arsene's been absolutely outstanding. He is still outstanding."

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/prem ... ket-090412

Sums up the club.
pwned

Re: Hill-Wood is ok

Postby The GFP » September 10th, 2012, 12:34 am

being in the US of A how are the American owners of English clubs that also own MLS/NBA/NFL/NHL seen over there?

Punkie & me were talking about this friday night whilst munching chinese that her club Liverpool are owned by an American who owns the Boston Red Socks and their fans were getting pissed off as he has got rid of 3 of their top earners and they want him to invest in them not some soccer club
The GFP
Site Admin

Re: Hill-Wood is ok

Postby pwned » September 12th, 2012, 8:44 am

The GFP wrote:being in the US of A how are the American owners of English clubs that also own MLS/NBA/NFL/NHL seen over there?

Punkie & me were talking about this friday night whilst munching chinese that her club Liverpool are owned by an American who owns the Boston Red Socks and their fans were getting pissed off as he has got rid of 3 of their top earners and they want him to invest in them not some soccer club

I'm not sure how the general feeling is on owners. It's weird because someone like Stan has stakes in five different teams. (maybe more maybe less now)

Red Sox traded three players because this season has been a losing one (won't make the playoffs) and the players they got rid of have ridiculous contracts who have been disappointing. They will no doubt reinvest in the Red Sox but it should be interesting how they balance both teams as Liverpool still need a lot of work.
pwned

Return to Arsenal